You are not alone. With the Children’s Cerebral Palsy Movement (CCPM) community, you and your child can connect with families who understand what you’re experiencing.
Imagine the excitement of being a new parent, only to discover your baby is born with a physical disability that will change the way he or she experiences the world. In an instant, joy transforms into worry and fear for your child. Now, imagine how alone you would feel when you discover that there’s no community for families to support one another or access essential programs.
That was the reality for our founder, Debbie Fragner, and hundreds of thousands of other parents.
At CCPM, we are working to create programs for both caregivers and children because we believe it’s essential to not only address the physical development needs of children with CP, but also to provide a support system for the entire family.
Our CP Community Initiatives
- Professionally facilitated support groups for caregivers and age-appropriate children
- Social groups geared at enhancing emotional well-being and interpersonal skills, while providing opportunities for fun and friendship
- Face-to-face and online academic tutoring. Recognizing that fully mainstreamed children with CP may need extra support to achieve academic success, we are launching on online, as well as local (initially in Orange County, CA) tutoring initiative in the fall of 2017. The foundation of CCPM’s tutoring initiative hinges on educating the whole child through cognitive development, social development, and emotional development.
- Face-to-face and online resources and symposiums on important topics, including: Whole Body Approach to Healing, Medical & Therapeutic Breakthroughs, Nutrition, Caring for the Caregiver, Advocacy, and Interfacing with the School System.
- Gender-Neutral Therapeutic Programming – Ability Ballet and others TBD
- CP Family Outings and Events